Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In Kilkenny Yesterday


I travelled to Kilkenny yesterday to collect some visual info for a set of prints. On Tuesday I met an artist friend of mine who suffered a stroke last year it has left him with speech and mobility difficulties. Yesterday in the city I seemed to be more aware of the problems facing people with disabilities. I watched a young guy on a motorized wheelchair being blocked in by a driver, who showed no consideration for his plight. A man who had obviously suffered a stroke and walked with the aid of a stick was trying to negotiate his way down a steep hill in the town and keep his balance. His concentration was incredible.
I have decided to use my blog as a sketchbook it seems the way to go for me. I found the streets of Kilkenny more interesting than the monuments and the touristy things. The city is full of narrow lanes and archways like arteries leading to the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment